Two Way Sync - Multiple *.ffs_db files

Get help for specific problems

iwc2018

Hi,
I am using Two Way sync which is working as intended, I believe, however it generates many, many database files. Today alone, it generated 95 database files in addition to the original.

Is this normal behaviour? Is there a limit to the number of databases? Can I delete older database files - say, more than 2 days old?

Thanks

Ian

Plerry

FreeFileSync (FFS) creates a single *.ffs_db file in the left and right base location of your sync or, in case you use multiple left-right base location pairs, in each of your left and right base locations of your sync.

If you sync to/from one or more cloud storage, e.g. Google Drive, it may be that said cloud storage retains previous versions of each of the files stored there that get overwritten, and may thus retain multiple previous copies of your successive *.ffs_db files in your cloud environment.
FFS does not need/use previous versions of *.ffs_db files in its base locations, only the most recent one.
So you can safely delete any such previous version (if the cloud service lets you ...)

iwc2018

Thank you Plerry - as you suggest one side of the sync is on cloud storage and that is where the previous versions of the *.ffs.db files are located.