Sync File in Wrong place

Get help for specific problems

Hydray

Hi folks, the files shown in the screenshot should be located within a folder, not where they currently are. Additionally, I've observed that all these files belong to one of my git repositories. I'm perplexed as to what might have caused this issue, especially since everything was functioning smoothly in the past few months.

I'm using mirror method to sync a giant folder from my local to a could folder

Could someone help me to figure out what's going on?

Thank you for your help
Wrong File Place.png
Wrong File Place.png (35.57 KiB) Viewed 112 times

xCSxXenon

Your paths are set incorrectly

Hydray

Hi xCSxXenon, the path I select is a folder to folder, all other files in the folder are fine, only this one is incorrect

xCSxXenon

What is your picture even showing? Wrong file place, but where? In the local location or in the cloud location?

Mirror syncing makes the location on the right side equal to the location on the left side. Are you saying the two locations don't match anymore? Or are you saying the files are in the "wrong" place in both locations?

Hydray

Hi xCSxXenon, thank you for your reply and sorry for not clearly point out my issue.

These files should be inside the folder in the cloud location. For example, these files are in the local location: local_parent/a/b/c/code/xxx.py, and in the cloud it should be in the: cloud_parent/a/b/c/code/xxx.py, but in addition to this, it also copies files to the cloud parent location: cloud_parent/xxx.py

So in the cloud there are two copies of the file

Again, thank you for your help

xCSxXenon

Are you sure these files don't exist in the local_parent folder?
They files may have the 'hidden' attribute, meaning you have to do something extra to be able to see them in your local file browser

Hydray

Hi xCSxXenon, yes, I'm sure it's not in local, I checked with ls -all command and also each time files are different, they are the file changed in the code folder