[Feature Request]: Enable "move" even if it wasn't sycned the first time

Discuss new features and functions

cswanson2

Free File Sync is brilliant, I've donated multiple times, it's a great tool. I use it practically every day for something.

But I'd really like to extend the "move files if you've already synced them" to "move files even if you haven't synced them".

So frequently I didn't use this tool to sync something - I FIX that quickly, but the first time especially.
And I absolutely know that 99% of the files are already copied, just in different / moved directories.
I just get the feeling that if there was a bit of a "take some time please to scan and find the files", that it could then move them versus copy - saving tons of time even with the extended scanning time. Scanning is so much quicker than "re-copy" essentially.

The counter point is "you can do it the second time" - but again, frequently I saw "damn, I know I'll get this in the future, but I really wish I could get it the first time and save myself so much time.

Thanks for considering. You all are awesome!

xCSxXenon

For every file on the 'source' side, FFS would have to scan every single file on the other side to find the corresponding file. How would FFS know if it is a match though? By file name? No, because maybe you want two files with the same name in different locations. By binary content? Also no, because they would have to be 100% identical to match, but maybe the source has an updated duplicate version. The feature wouldn't be feasible. Just run the sync once to establish the baseline and then subsequent syncs can utilize the moved/renamed feature