ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD

Get help for specific problems

Heribert

Hello FreefileSync user,
I have the following problem: the job always aborts with the above error message. I can select the paths normally. Where can I enter or change a password for the path in FFS???
Thank you in advance for your help.
Greetings to everyone, Heribert

xCSxXenon

This error is typically referring to a remote location accessed via the network.
When you mount that location for use, you need to specify valid credentials for access

Heribert

Hello xC Xenon, thank you for your quick answer. I also found something: if I create a job for FFS using Windows Task Scheduler and don't specify the job creator's password, then FFS produces this error. If I save the job with a password, FFS does not ask for a password. Thank you again and continued success. FFS is a great program. Greetings to all.
Site Admin

Zenju

if I create a job for FFS using Windows Task Scheduler and don't specify the job creator's password, then FFS produces this error. Heribert, 17 Jul 2024, 16:14
Interesting. When FFS is run via Task Manager with option "Run whether user is logged on or not" set, user interaction is not possible. I suspect this is what you've set up.
Apparently the network login then fails with ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD, which is misleading, because as you stated you didn't specify a password. Anyway, next FFS version detects this and gives a more helpful error message.

Heribert

Hello Zenju, the error only occurs when I tick the box "Independent of user login" on the "General" page and then "Do not save password". Depending on this, the task scheduler will then ask for a password when the changes are completed or not. If it does not ask for a password, the error occurs with FFS. I hope my explanation is understandable. I will continue to use FFS anyway because everything else works fine. Regards, Heribert