Run a command not working

Get help for specific problems

clifford641

I setup a batch job to run every day at 1am to sync a directory. I also setup a command on completion to send me an email with the latest log output. I paid for the donation edition because the software is great, but I like using my email method because it has been working for years. Now it is suddenly not working.

The sync still runs and produces an output file and it states the command it is trying to run, but it never seems to run the command. If I run the job manually from the FFS console or via the scheduled task, it sends me the email when it completes.

But if the task runs at 1am by itself, it doesn't run the command.

I recently added logging output to the command with start-transcript and verified it works when ran manually, however it never produced a transcript output file making me think it never attempted to run the command in the last run.

Any idea what might be happening?

Plerry

If I run the job manually from the FFS console or via the scheduled task, it sends me the email when it completes. ...
This sounds like you run your batch job under different user credentials than when you run the job manually.

clifford641

If I run the job manually from the FFS console or via the scheduled task, it sends me the email when it completes. ...
This sounds like you run your batch job under different user credentials than when you run the job manually. Plerry, 16 Jul 2024, 10:56
I have the task scheduler job set to run as the same user account that I login with as the script has the email password hashed in a way that only the original user can unhash the email credentials.

clifford641

Interestingly, I have found that if I leave my user account logged in through RDP, it runs the command and sends the email.