Operation too slow error with Google Drive

Get help for specific problems

jralonso7

Hello,

I have 4 files in .tar.gz format in google drive. When I use FFS to sync, the larger two (500MB, 1.5GB) get copied successfully but the smaller two (10MB, 20MB) give the following error:

[X] Cannot read file "xxx.tar.gz"
CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT: Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds [curl_easy_perform]
[X] Cannot delete file "xxx.tar-8f1f.ffs_tmp"
ENOENT: No such file or directory [unlink]

I tried to manually download them, and google takes a lot of time (40 secs aprox) to "Searching for virus..." but then they download fine. I think the problem is that FFS gives up on copying at 10 secs but google takes longer to allow download.

In the next version of FFS I'd like to have a setting to modify the file copying timeout (those 10 secs in the error message, which is different from the "access timeout" setting in the cloud icon which I already tried) so I can check my assumptions.

Thank you.
Site Admin

Zenju

There is only one timeout used for all cases. Setting "access timout" to 40 seconds instead of 10 should work.

jralonso7

I already tried that and didn't work, but for some reason I tried again and now it does work, idk what happened. Anyway, thank you.

Still, it would be nice to bypass Google Drive's virus scan (if possible). How do I suggest this to the devs?