ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED Access is Denied [CreateDirectory]

Get help for specific problems

nfd0800

I searched for help with this error, but only found one post and the only suggestion was to uninstall and reinstall, which I have done. The problem still exists. I've been using FreeFileSync for a long time
Screenshot 2024-08-19 220859.png
Screenshot 2024-08-19 220859.png (28.8 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
Screenshot 2024-08-19 220715.png
Screenshot 2024-08-19 220715.png (31.09 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
with no problems, but have not used it in the past 6 months. Now when I try to mirror a drive I get this error. Anyone?

Plerry

The error message (Access is denied) indicates that the user under which credentials you run your FFS sync would not have write access in Z:\Doreen_Docs and/or Z:\Doreen_Docs\Food - Recipes

xCSxXenon

Being the drive letter is 'Z', I am inclined to believe this is a mapped network location, but you didn't specify. If so, it may be that the location is mapped with generic/guest credentials instead of credentials that allow write access. This is in addition to Plerry's response, both things are worth checking.

nfd0800

Thank you. Yes, the Z: drive is a Western Digital MyCloud EX2 Ultra, The Y: drive is mapped to a Western Digital MyBookWorld network drive. It is a network drive but not a cloud drive like the other one. I am the only one on this network other than my wife. It is the same setup I've been using with FreeFileSync for a long time. I understand it looks like an access right issue but I need some guidance on how to troubleshoot it. I uninstalled FreeFileSync and reinstalled it but that changed nothing. I unmapped and re-mapped both drives and it comes up with the same error, Any guidance you could provide would be appreciated.

xCSxXenon

Unmap the network drives. Open "Credential Manager", it's a program that comes with Windows. Click on "Windows Credentials". Find the entries for the locations and delete them. Then re-map the locations and it should ask for the user credentials again. This re-authentication process may kick it back into shape.

nfd0800

<Resolved> That did it. We are back "on the air". Thanks for the assistance!