RealTimeSync stops monitoring after default idle time

Get help for specific problems

truefriend2024

I have been facing this issue that sometimes real time sync stops monitoring if I change the default time (10 to 100 seconds). I searched around and it seems that it should be changed multiple times to avoid this bug (see https://superuser.com/questions/1629531/realtimesync-does-not-monitor-directories-correctly).
1. Is it a confirmed issue, maybe fix it in the next release?
2. Any way to preset default value to 100 or any number of seconds at the runtime (as an argument maybe)?

truefriend2024

I found out that RealTimeSync can Save As an open .ffs_batch file to .ffs_real where custom idle time can be set. This file works just like .ffs_batch. Still, I am unable to understand why it stops syncing after a while if idle time is set to 100 seconds. A 60 second idle time works perfectly, though.

xCSxXenon

That is not a confirmed issue and likely was only fixed by coincidence for that OP.
Every other time I've seen this issue is because the idle time is too high. Something is touching the monitored directory(s) before the 100 seconds can be reached.

truefriend2024

My only issue is that 10 seconds is too frequent so a rapidly updated file may still be locked by another process which makes FreeFileSync throw an error. If I increase the idle time, then frequently modified files are not detected. I can confirm that RealTimeSync does not detect changes in a frequently modified file with an idle time of 60 seconds. I have no clue how to fix this.

xCSxXenon

Sounds like RTS isn't the best option for your environment. A Scheduled task that runs periodically may be better for you