How do I select an FTPS connection?

Get help for specific problems

stephenb

Hi,

I'm trying to set up some automatic file syncing from my PC to my web site host over FTPS. I can connect using FileZilla with a URL of ftps://user@host:port/folder and the username and password (FTPS protocol and port 990).

How do I set up a FreeFileSync connection of the same format? I find that if I select the "SFTP" option, it tries to connect to sftp://user@host and if I select the "FTP" option, it tries to connect to ftp://host

I don't find an option that connects to ftps://user@host:port, but all the writeups for FFS suggest it supports FTPS as a protocol.

Thanks

John1234

Follow this picture and you'll have FTPS.
Attachments
FTPS_freefilesync.png
FTPS_freefilesync.png (90.5 KiB) Viewed 487 times

stephenb

Thanks for the information, but it doesn't work for me. With those settings, I get a successful connection to the root of *a* server / site, but it isn't the FTPS site I end up at when connecting with FileZilla. I get an error:
Cannot read file attributes of "ftp://username@host/username".

"username" does not exist.

If I try connecting with FileZilla using plain FTP with my credentials, it connects to the same URL, DOES see that folder, but the contents of that folder are different than if I connect with FTPS.

stephenb

The only (apparent) difference is the use of ftps:// instead of ftp:// in the URL.

John1234

Hi,

Another solution is to use one of the available utilities that are capable of mapping a drive to different server types and I know one that supports FTPS.

This way you can use free file sync going through the connector. Search for open source program that can connect to many Cloud servers.