Synchronize more than one drive

Get help for specific problems

Vitalyi

Is it possible to 'real time' synchronize two source drives with one target/backup drive?

xCSxXenon

Yes

Plerry

You can synchronize your two source drives to a single destination drive, but if you Mirror-sync only to two different destination folders. If you Update-sync you could potentially sync to a single destination folder, but only safely if there is no overlap in file-names in your two source drives.
But preferably also then you use two different destination folders on your single destination drive.

Vitalyi

You can synchronize your two source drives to a single destination drive, but if you Mirror-sync only to two different destination folders. If you Update-sync you could potentially sync to a single destination folder, but only safely if there is no overlap in file-names in your two source drives.
But preferably also then you use two different destination folders on your single destination drive. Plerry, 03 Sep 2024, 15:12
Thank you, Plerry.
May I ask you to explain how the batch-file should be organized for the situation with two source drives and single destination drive containing two folders (for each source drive)? I tried to create one, but it did not work (probably I used incorrect syntaxis.)

Plerry

Assuming source drives S: and T:, and destination drive D:
Create two folders on D:, e.g named BackupS adn BackupT

• If you want to sync the entire content of S: and T: to D: , define two left-right folder pairs in the FreeFileSync (FFS) GUI (using the "+" icon in front of you first left-right pair):
Pair 1: left S:\, right D:\BackupS
Pair 2: left T:\, right D:\BackupT

• If you only want to sync a specific folder on S: and T: to D: , define two left-right folder pairs in the FFS GUI :
Pair 1: left S:\[SourceFolderOnS], right D:\BackupS
Pair 2: left T:\[SourceFolderOnT], right D:\BackupT

Vitalyi

Assuming source drives S: and T:, and destination drive D...Plerry, 05 Sep 2024, 06:34
Thank you, Plerry.
Finally I figured it out.