Google Error when sync underway

Get help for specific problems

illahee

Can someone tell me what this error is and how to address it?
PicPick_963.jpg
PicPick_963.jpg (69.28 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Do these errors cause the Sync to stop running.

When I run the ffs_batch file - I get about 20 of these notifications.

xCSxXenon

You should use the native Google Drive integration. This is because FFS creates a copy of the file with .ffs_tmp extension first, this ensures data integrity. Once the transfer is completed, it will be renamed to the correct name. Your Google Drive client is trying to sync that tmp file but likely doesn't finish before it disappears.

illahee

I'm sorry but I don't understand what the "native Google Drive integration" means. Is there something in freefilesync that will connect to me Google Drive without using the Google Desktop app which I downloaded and installed so that I could have a drive letter? On my home (work) pc it's G: but on work it's I: because G: was already in use.

If I don't have a drive letter how can it find the folders I want to have synced ?

xCSxXenon

Is there something in freefilesync that will connect to me Google Drive without using the Google Desktop app illahee, 09 Sep 2024, 19:38
This is correct! Click the cloud icon next to the location box
2024-09-09 16_03_13-FreeFileSync 13.7 [Donation Edition] – Folder Comparison and Synchronization.jpg
2024-09-09 16_03_13-FreeFileSync 13.7 [Donation Edition] – Folder Comparison and Synchronization.jpg (16.15 KiB) Viewed 79 times

illahee

Thanks again.

So I made a batch file and then tried running using the RealTime Sync option and got an error saying:
The gdrive protocol does not support directory monitoring...

Is my best option then to not use this tool but just have Windows Task Scheduler run the batch file on some schedule like every 5 minutes or something like this?

Also does " Parallel file copy" option with the donation version improve speeds when using Google Drive?

xCSxXenon

This is correct, GDrive will not work with RTS. granted, RTS doesn't work with the client program either, as you experienced. For what it's worth, I use RTS to monitor OneDrive local directories fine without issue.
But yes, a scheduled task is going to be a more reliable option. Since cloud locations are already kind of being monitored for changes on their own, having other programs do the same can cause conflicts like you experienced.

Parallel threads is unlikely to increase your performance. It is more appropriate for connections that are artificially limited