File locked by another process - binary file comparison on torrent that is being downloaded

Get help for specific problems

evilperro

(In interest of netiquette I will mention I made a similar thread on utorrent's forum, which has gotten no replys)

I want to have FFS in real time sync data from a torrent file to another location, continuously as it's being downloaded and only adding the newly downloaded data to the right folder. But I can't even get it to work manually.

I have it set on Update. When the right folder is empty FFS is able to copy over the new torrent file, regardless of File Content option or File time and date being ticked. However after this whenever trying to compare with the File content option checked I get:

"Cannot read file 'D:\test2\xxxxxx\xxx.!ut'.

The file is locked by another process:
µTorrent - 'C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe' (open)"

If I click ignore and synchronize it just overwrites the file in the right folder, instead of only adding the changed data.

- FFS is running as admin
- Volume Shadow Copy Service is enabled in windows 7
- Copy locked files is enabled in FFS settings

I ran the commands from the Help content about Volume Shadow Copy, get the following errors:

regsvr32 /i swprv.dll and regsvr32 /i eventcls.dll gives:

The module "swprv.dll" / "eventcls.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070715.

For more information about this problem, search online using the error code as a search term.

regsvr32 es.dll gives :

The module "es.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "es.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

regsvr32 vssui.dll, regsvr32 msxml.dll and regsvr32 msxml4.dll gives:

The module "vssui.dll" /"msxml.dll" / "msxml4.dll" failed to load.

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files.

The specified module could not be found.

Can FFS at not compare a file while it is being written to, or is it my VSS not working as would be indicated by the .dll errors? I noticed i get the same message when trying the setup on a file being downloaded through webbrowser, so it's not isolated to utorrent.

Edit: Also the files can be copied without the copy locked files option, which is strange since FFS reports them being locked whith the File content option.

How come FFS can copy the file but does not seem to be able to do binay file comparison on it? Both are read actions, are they not?
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS is using VSS only during synchronization, but not during binary file comparison.
You're right, FFS should use VSS also in the second case. I'll see to implement this.

evilperro

Oh wow, thanks for such a quick reply!

Do you know of any other sync tool that do uses VSS/ can use binary diff on locked files? Or any other software that can achieve my goal. And if you could give me an ETA on the implementation yeah that'd be great.

bacca87

will be ever implemented this feature?