How to see file date

Get help for specific problems

dandrews12

I have just downloaded FreeFileSync so I am still looking around. One thing puzzles me; when I compare 2 folders I see the file names, and sizes, but not the creation date. I assume that the arrow points from the newest to over-write an older file of the same name, but that isn't necessarily what I need. How do I show the creation date in the list?

Thanks

David

wm-sf

What OS or more pertinently, what file system(s) ? Modified == Creation if no Modification has happened yet on most file systems so is generally redundant for sync purposes

dandrews12

Thanks for your response. I am using Win 7 Pro x64 SP1, file system is NTFS. Yes I should have said "last modified date." The reason I ask is that I do not always want the latest version of a file to over-write an older one. I may decide that a photo that I've worked on and saved is not as good as an older version that is already in the back-up folder. The attached file of a screen-shot shows the date in the Target, that's what I'd like to see.
Attachments
FreeFileSync.JPG
FreeFileSync.JPG (87.38 KiB) Viewed 878 times

wm-sf

if you right click on the top of the two file lists you can add date+time on both sides. you might want to start off with two-way rather than mirror and do things by hand until you get the hang of things and it might suit your selective update work process better

P.S. are you my brother in law?