Need help with include/exclude filters.

Get help for specific problems

apex84

Ok, so I've created a backup task for a folder pair with 4 excluded subfolders. Everything works fine except for a subfolder within an excluded subfolder that I want to backup.

So I want to backup "C:\Utilities\Skype\Data\settings" but not any other file/folder under "\Skype", just the "\settings" folder. I tried adding "C:\Utilities\Skype" as an excluded item and "C:\Utilities\Skype\Data\settings" as an included item but when I do this, FFS doesn't backup anything in the Skype folder. If I remove it from the excluded list it wants to backup the entire Skype folder instead.

This is what my filters for the Utilities folder look like:

Include:
*\Utilities\Skype\Data\settings

Exclude:
*\Utilities\LibreOffice
*\Utilities\Mozilla Firefox\Data\profile\Cache
*\Utilities\Skype
*\Inkscape

Have I misunderstood how it works or is this a limitation of the program?

Plerry

Don't know if this works, but as no one has replied yet:
Did you try to create two folder pairs
(using the green "+" sign just left of the left sync folder location box)?
For example:
Define "C:\" as your first left-location and e.g. "D:\BackupFolder\" as your first right-location.
Then define "C:\Utilities\Skype\Data\settings\" as your second left-location and "D:\BackupFolder\Utilities\Skype\Data\settings\" as your second right-location.

Now change the include filter to the default "*".
The exclude filter "\Utilities\Skype" should exclude the (entire) Skype folder in the first folder pair,
but should not match for the second folder pair.

apex84

Don't know if this works, but as no one has replied yet:
Did you try to create two folder pairs
(using the green "+" sign just left of the left sync folder location box)?
For example:
Define "C:\" as your first left-location and e.g. "D:\BackupFolder\" as your first right-location.
Then define "C:\Utilities\Skype\Data\settings\" as your second left-location and "D:\BackupFolder\Utilities\Skype\Data\settings\" as your second right-location.

Now change the include filter to the default "*".
The exclude filter "\Utilities\Skype" should exclude the (entire) Skype folder in the first folder pair,
but should not match for the second folder pair.plerry
Thanks. I don't know why I didn't think of that