Setting RealTimeSync to run on computer bootup

Get help for specific problems

boed1

Hello,

I'm just trying FreeFileSync today after years of using synctoy and freefilesync is AMAZING. Sorry for such an ignorant question but I want a specific folder to always be synced. Looks like RealTimeSync does that once I import the job.

How do I set that specific job to load in my windows 7 startup please?

Plerry

If you have not yet done so: make a FFS batch-job for that sync and save it as a *.ffs_batch file.
Then simply put that *.ffs_batch file in the Startup folder/menu item of Win7.

boed1

THanks!!

jimweinberg

Hi Perry. I tried your suggestion and it doesn't seem to work. I tried copying the batch job file into the windows 7 startup folder. No go. I then created a shortcut to the batch job file and copied that into the startup folder. Still no go. I'm not very computer literate, so there maybe something I'm doing wrong. Can you please help. I've attached the batch job file in case that's where the problem is.

BTW, if I run the batch file from the RealTimeSync program, it works fine. But like boe, I want it to run unattended when windows 7 loads.

Thanks in advance for your help.
J.W.
Attachments
Website Files Sych.ffs_batch
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

jimweinberg

I need to modify my post. It turns out that putting the batch job file in the startup folder actually does work, but only once and then it stops. I need it to be running continuously. Sorry for the misinformation.
J.W.

Plerry

The title was correct after all, but you had me fooled by your first port:
> How do I set that specific job to load in my windows 7 startup please?

For a specific sync job the batch approach is the way to go.
However, obviously that job only runs once at startup.

If you want your sync to run "continuously" (as a service), you should invoke RealtimeSync at startup (as per the title of your posting ...). There should be multiple ways to do that, but one such way would be to place a shortcut to RealtimeSync in your Startup folder.