Where is the log file to confirm success of Comparing or Synchronising large 1TB folders prior to deleting source ?

Get help for specific problems

james555

I frequenty need to Move huge folders, sometimes 1TB, containing ALL filetypes, incl large DVD Iso's, to external usb hdd. In Windows Explorer I highlight the folder I want to Move, then use 'Send to' > target drive, then drag it from target root, to the matching subfolder. The problem with that is all folder dates are altered to current date. I want to preserve original date/time. Before Deleting the Source Folder, I sought a folder comparison tool, and picked FreeFileSync, as it claims to compare ALL file types. I installed normally (not portable).

I have only found the Help file in the program, and from that. altered Synchronize mode to 'Mirror'. Initially I did a Compare File Content. I liked the live ststus bar reporting current progress. However, after the operation had finished, I could find no log file (preferred) or message to report which, if any, files failed comparison. Am I missing something here ?

I then moved on to try the 'Syncronise'. However, it quickly just gave a 'bleep' and under 'Logging' said 'nothing to synchronise', & under Statistics 0 items processed. I then inspected the destination folder and the folder date/time had not been reset to that of the Source.

Very reluctant to delete the source without proper confirmation a) the Folder Comparison was 100% verified, and b) the destination folde date/time reset to match the source

Thankyou in advance for your assistance.

ralatsf

I frequenty need to Move huge folders, sometimes 1TB, containing ALL filetypes, incl large DVD Iso's, to external usb hdd. In Windows Explorer I highlight the folder I want to Move, then use 'Send to' > target drive, then drag it from target root, to the matching subfolder. The problem with that is all folder dates are altered to current date. I want to preserve original date/time. Before Deleting the Source Folder, I sought a folder comparison tool, and picked FreeFileSync, as it claims to compare ALL file types. I installed normally (not portable).

I have only found the Help file in the program, and from that. altered Synchronize mode to 'Mirror'. Initially I did a Compare File Content. I liked the live ststus bar reporting current progress. However, after the operation had finished, I could find no log file (preferred) or message to report which, if any, files failed comparison. Am I missing something here ?

I then moved on to try the 'Syncronise'. However, it quickly just gave a 'bleep' and under 'Logging' said 'nothing to synchronise', & under Statistics 0 items processed. I then inspected the destination folder and the folder date/time had not been reset to that of the Source.

Very reluctant to delete the source without proper confirmation a) the Folder Comparison was 100% verified, and b) the destination folde date/time reset to match the source

Thankyou in advance for your assistance.james555
Just saw this post after posting in the Open Discussion forum the exact same thing, i.e. the need to have the destination folder timestamps set to the source on completion