FreeFileSync and task scheduler

Get help for specific problems

nbareham12

I have created a FreeFileSync batch job that syncs the two required folders, and on completion I have add the command to run a script that calls upon blat and emails me saying it has complete.

this works fine when I run the task manually within FreeFileSync. the job completes, then email is sent.

however when I schedule the FreeFileSync job in task scheduler the email is sent before the job is complete.

anybody able to help?

nbareham12

bump

is anyone able to replicate this issue. ie when scheduling a backup job via Windows 2008 R2 Task Scheduler and having a command for when the job finishes it runs the command (in my case a script) when the job starts
Site Admin

Zenju

What do you mean with "on completion"?
If you have a custom bat/cmd script that just runs some program to send an email after FFS ran, you may have the problem of accidentally making asynchronous calls in the script.

If you're using the FFS "on completion" command, then this is executed after synchronization, but before the FFS process terminates. Maybe this is what you are wondering about.

Plerry

If you want to solve it in our batch-file, use:
start /wait "C:\[path_to_FFS]\FreeFileSync.exe" "D:\[path_to_FFSbatchfile]\[your_FFSbatchfile].ffs_batch"
instead of:
call "C:\[path_to_FFS]\FreeFileSync.exe" "D:\[path_to_FFSbatchfile]\[your_FFSbatchfile].ffs_batch"
where the use of "call" is optional.

See e.g. http://ss64.com/nt/start.html

Obviously my "C" and "D" are arbitrarily chosen here.