Scheduling Task problem

Get help for specific problems

defcode

Hello,

I've strange problems with the scheduled task. If I run FFS manually everything works fine but if I launch it via Scheduled task it does not work anymore (1month ago it was still working) or at least not for the network folders. The scheduled task is running with my user which has full access to the network share. The log file shows that at first it does not find the network folder (it expect to creates it) but when trying to create it, it says that it already exist (which is correct). Here's an example of the log file generated :

[11:35:16] Info: Start comparison
[11:35:26] Error: Cannot find the following folders:
Z:\Backup\
You can ignore this error to consider each folder as empty. The folders then will be created automatically during synchronization.
[11:36:06] Warning: Not enough free disk space available in:
Z:\Backup\
Required: 1,51 TB
Available: 861 GB
[11:36:06] Info: Synchronizing folder pair:
Left: C:\XYZ\
Right: Z:\Backup\
[11:36:06] Fatal Error: Target folder 'Z:\Backup' already existing.
[11:36:06] Error: Synchronization completed with errors!

Any idea ?

Best Regards,

anachrion

I know this post is a little old, but i am having the same exact issue. Did you ever solve this?
thanks!

defcode

Hello, no I didn't found a solution for this yet. I'm launching it manually. Will try tonight the latest version to see if it helps.

srjones67

Are you logged into the PC when you run the scheduled task?

I am running a task that runs as my user account and calls a batch file that contains:

date /t
time /t
C:
CD\Users\Me\Batches
"01 - Backup Photos to ProBox.ffs_batch"
"07 - Backup Docs to ProBox.ffs_batch"
"11 - Mirror ProBox HD1 to ProBox HD2.ffs_batch"
Echo "Daily Backup Complete"
date /t
time /t

And I am running it either while logged in or locked. And all is fine.

Be sure you have "Run whether the user is logged in or not" checked.

defcode

Yes I'm logged when it tries to sync and "Run whether the user is logged in or not" is checked.

I might have found the issue. I've tried to set again the user the task run on (my account actually) and at least when now I run the scheduled task manually it works (even it was already set on my user). I'll see tomorrow if it works automatically. Strange maybe the credentials were somehow corrupted for this task ?

mihomes

Just out of curiosity... do you have the 'show process dialog' option selected? If so, does it show the process window when you run your task manually?

I updated to the latest version this morning when it came out apparently and since then the process window no longer shows when running through task scheduler. I am using my own batch script which then calls the ffs batch file.

defcode

Yes I forgot to mention that but since I started to have those problems with the scheduled task the process dialog is not displayed anymore even I've selected to show the process dialog. I've tried to recreate several times the batch from the UI but same thing happen (I didn't tried to recreate the batch yet with 1.7+).

defcode

Unfortunately the scheduling task is still not working for me. It starts again to create the kind of logs from my first post.

defcode

Small update. I've looked today a bit further to the problem and I managed to fix most of the problems.

1. For the problem that caused FFS to be unable to locate the network folder when running as a scheduled task I had only to uncheck "Run with highest privilege"
2. For the process dialog no visible it was to not use "run whether user is logged in or not" (seen this in another post)

Now it runs almost perfectly. I still have a problem with the volume shadow copy (but this is not related to the scheduled task since I get the error even when launched manually) :

[From the log file]
Cannot access Volume Shadow Copy Service.
The caller does not have sufficient backup privileges or is not an administrator.
Access is denied.

This one should not be hard to fix I guess it's probably that my user needs to be in some group or the service user does not have right access.