Error message "Cannot open directory" Error code 5

Get help for specific problems

ianjoh4

I am running a mirror synchronisation from my laptop to a USBHDD. Laptop is running Windows 8 and I have Admin privileges. Even though I have Error Handling to "Ignore" I always get the following error:

Cannot open directory 'C:\Users\Ian\AppData\Local\ElevatedDiagnostics'.
Error Code 5: Access is denied. (openDir)

This is the only error I get. When I click "Ignore" the sync process works fine. This directory is a mystery as any search fails to find it.

Other than this I really like to software.

Ian

Plerry

If the content of that directory is not relevant to you
(you have no clue what it is about anyway ...),
you might simply put it in your FFS exclude-list, and be done with it.

ianjoh4

Did that and it fixed the problem. Should have applied a bit of lateral thinking in the first place...

Thanks

jonrichco

I had a very similar problem. My error message was:
Cannot open directory "D:\found.000".

I added a filter for this directory by right clicking the folder in the left-hand pane which worked fine. I had previously tried typing in the directory name, which didn't work for some reason.

sjbrowser

I had a very similar problem. My error message was:
Cannot open directory "D:\found.000".

I added a filter for this directory by right clicking the folder in the left-hand pane which worked fine. I had previously tried typing in the directory name, which didn't work for some reason. jonrichco, 04 Apr 2015, 03:28
@jonricho
Your idea sounds good.
1. At what specific screen in FFS does it show that D:\found.000 folder? I cant find it, regardless of if I do a COMPARE, or I try to actually run the MIRROR job......its isn't ever ther.

2. I have seen a message saying that these "found.000" type folders are created dynamically and temporarily by FFS during a sync which would reasonably explain why I cannot find the folder myself. This is why I am asking you WHERE you actually saw that folder so that you could do a FILTER EXCLUDE on it

When I click on the Filter button i see this:

Exclude:
\System Volume Information\
\$Recycle.Bin\
\RECYCLE?\
*\desktop.ini
*\thumbs.db

That makes sense. So would you think that i might just manually type in: *\D:\found.000 and maybe that should work?

3. Add to all of that, I am trying to run this UNATTENDED using RealTimeSync nightly. So, when i look at my pc in the morning, it is sitting/waiting for me to manually IGNORE.....which is of course why I want to fix this error.

thanks for any insight you could provide.
sj