FFS unable to read Directories created by FFS

Get help for specific problems

jaguilo

I use FFS as a personal backup use for my files. After migrating to version 5.2 I started receiving some error message on COmparison.

Error
Cannot open directory 'X:\backup\pictures\9rsgnxmw.ffs_tmp\mr7tnlsu.ffs_tmp\tdam1k3z.ffs_tmp\xxxxx.jpg'
Error Code 267: The Directory name is invalid. (openDir)

If I press Ignore further errors the comparison continues and end up with 39 directories and 64 files for deletion in the right side, (which makes sense as these file were created by FFS on failed syncs right?)

When I press Synchronize an Error appears:

Unable to move 'path\.....76vzwccp.ffs_tmp\9rsgnxmw.ffs_tmp' to the Recycle Bin.

I tried to look these ffs_tmp files using windows explorer but I don't seem to find any neither I see them in the folders.

I kindly ask you to give me some pointers, how to get rid of these files and continue using FFS which I think is one of the best synchro tools I 've ever used (before this problem)
THanks in advance.

jaguilo

I forgot to mention that the 39 directories and 64 files are ffs_tmp type.

Plerry

Looks a bit like viewtopic.php?t=1381 ...

jaguilo

Looks a bit like viewtopic.php?t=1381 ...plerry
I have read that post earlier but the problem is cannot delete the files and the FFS process that is supposed to delete them neither can. So I'm stuck as I cannot compare neither syncronize anymore.
Site Admin

Zenju

> After migrating to version 5.2

You mean 5.20?

> Cannot open directory [...]xxxxx.jpg'

This looks like a file, not directory. What does Windows Explorer say?

> which makes sense as these file were created by FFS on failed syncs right?)

Yes, the ffs_tmp *files* are remnants of failed file copy operations. The ffs_tmp *directories* are remnants of failed cleanup of temporary directories created when recycle bin is used.

> but I don't seem to find any neither I see them in the folders.

This looks like a data corruption of some kind. Are you using the FAT file system? I suggest unmounting your storage medium and restarting your PCs, then try again.