Synchronize only shown/ticked files?

Get help for specific problems

saucefrog

I haven't done backups for a long time. When comparing my internal harddrive with my backup one, I get a lot of different files on both sides. I first would like to add new files from the internal HD to the external one and only later on add/change edited files.

Can I just choose the "show files that will be created on the right side" icon at the bottom and FFS will only synchronize these to my backup HD, or will it do a complete two-way-synchronization and even overwrite the files that aren't displayed in the list?

I'm hesitant to click the sync button and see for myself as I'm scared to lose files...

petrovski80

The 'select view' icons on the bottom are only for controlling what is shown on the grid. They do not influence the actual sync action.

In your case, I would not choose two-way sync but update (mirror source to destination) WITH versioning enabled. This will create a nice 1 on 1 backup of your internal HDD without the risk of losing files on the backup HDD.

saucefrog

So it's not possible at all to sync only selected/ticked files with FFS either?
Site Admin

Zenju

You can sync specific files only, but FFS will consider the checked status (see middle grid), not what is currently visible. The next version will add an "include" context menu option which one could use to emulate a "sync what you see" case.