Schedule Batch Job on Mac

Get help for specific problems

rsmith54321

I tried to search I figured there would be a topic on this somewhere but couldn't find it. What would be the best way to schedule a batch job to run nightly for Mac. It doesn't show instructions for this in the help document for the Mac. Thanks.

chrispublic123

I've been able to do this.

1. Open FreeFileSync, choose File\Save As Batch Job. then choose your options and save the file.

2. then open Automator (free app that comes with OS X).Choose New Document and click on Calendar Alarm under "Choose a type for your document". Drag the BATCH FILE that you created in step 1 - drag it from Finder into the automator window. Then in Automator, choose "Open Finder Items" from Library\Files and folders, and drag that to the right hand side,
Site Admin

Zenju

Awesome, thanks for your description! I'll update the FreeFileSync help file accordingly.

chrispublic123

Did you get this to work?

My description on how to do this is just an outline, so if you need more details just let me know. I have mine set to run automatically everyday at 4pm.
Site Admin

Zenju

I think so. Here's the new description, let me know if there's something to improve:
https://freefilesync.org/manual.php?topic=schedule-a-batch-job