Default language Slowakian

Report translation and localization issues

lexpolman

Since the last update,version 5.22 the default language setting seems to be Slowakian. I can change manually to another language (and save configuration), but next time it starts in Slowakian again. Any idea how to solve this?
Thanks
Site Admin

Zenju

The default language should be your OS language. What's the language ID in GlobalSettings.xml? Is it saved correctly?

lexpolman

The language id in the global settings is:
Language Id="54"/
Site Admin

Zenju

54 is "czech". You should see a different number after changing the language.

lexpolman

Sorry for mixing up the languages. However, if I change the language to Dutch, the value in F:\PortableApps\FreeFileSyncPortable\App\FreeFileSync\GlobalSettings.xml becomes 56. But after closing the application it switches back to 54. No matter how I close the application, X, Alt+F4 or from the Menu. So the problem seems to be that language configuration change is not saved.
Site Admin

Zenju

Ah, you're using an unofficial release of FreeFileSync from PortableApps. You should ask for support on their forums, since the problem is likely due to whatever modifications they apply.

PS: The regular FreeFileSync installer already has an option for portable installation. You can try with this version and see if the problem still exists.

lexpolman

I have uninstalled the unofficial release and downloaded the official 5.22_Windows release, but when I want to install it, it asks for admin rights ... the main reason that I switched to Portable Apps. If I use the Portable Apps Shell to install it, it says it wants a .paf.exe version. I feel like running in circles. How can I install the official version as portable, without admin rights? Sorry for so many questions.