New FreeFileSync UI

Discuss new features and functions

harrymckame

The latest FreeFileSync version has brought many improvements to the UI.
I love this product and most of the improvements, but would just like to comment upon 2 of them:

1) The Summary panel (bottom right)

It has become too small and badly positioned, seeing as it is my most important indication if something has gone wrong. For example, if there are too many deletions, I really must find out why before synching.

2) The Synchronizing dialog

I'm missing the large green completion bar, that tells me the status at a glance even from far away.
Site Admin

Zenju

> The Summary panel

Do you have a suggestion on how to improve it?

> missing the large green completion bar

It doesn't fit with the design of the progress graphs and is also somewhat redundant, since the graphs indicate completion vertically. So it seems to me that simply adding the old progress bar is not an improvement. Is there another idea on how to improve the progress dialog?

harrymckame

The Summary panel : Suggest larger fonts for people with eyeglasses using monitors at high resolution.

Large green completion bar : Not redundant at all, since the graphs are only visible from close by and they tend to change axis units. With the new UI all I can do is set the dialog to close on completion, so I can see from afar if it's still there. The old bar could be seen from meters away and was useful for knowing how it went.