Thanks + Suggestions

Discuss new features and functions

leighmcmahon

Sir

Suggestions, if I may:

1. Single click Compare and Synchronise. This would be beneficial to me to fire and walk away, particularly with the next item.
2. Exit application option in On Completion droplist in Synchronise modal dialog. These would be helpful to me, particularly on the wife's (Windows 7 64-bit) computer, so she's not disturbed by me as she does not concern herself with things like backing up.
3. Ignore this error permanently in Synchronise modal dialog, as opposed to ignore all errors.
4. Minimise to tray option during Synchronise.

Many thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

> Single click Compare and Synchronise

There are two ways:
1. On main dialog, directly click the synchronize button, even when it's greyed out. This will compare and start sync.
2. Create a .ffs_batch config and double-click this file to run a sync.
(3.) You can also double-click an entry in the last-used config list to select a config and immediately run a comparison.

> Exit application option in On Completion

You can enter an arbitrary command there, no need to stick with the predefined ones. To exit FFS, use:

taskkill /t /f /im FreeFileSync_*

> Ignore this error permanently

If it's a permanent error it's better to find out what is causing the error and resolve the underlying problem. If that's not possible the file should be excluded from sync via the filters.

> Minimise to tray

That's the blue down arrow botton in the upper right of the sync progress dialog.