Feature Request: Bulk assign to filter of files that errored out during sync

Discuss new features and functions

graphitefingers

One of the directories in my Compare list is C:\Users [Win 7] because some of the software that I use, puts pertinent configuration (,etc.) data there. But, during the synchronization process, a lot of these files generate errors. I would like to filter those files (paths) out, but there are so many of them it would be a daunting task! It would be really helpful if there was a way to, at the click of a button, have a filter (or set of filters) created for each of those Relative Paths.

I can think of two ways to do this:
1. Add a button [to the button-bar at the bottom of the main window] called "Create Filters from Checked". That way I could run Synchronize, opt out of all errors, and when the Synchronize finishes, do another Compare, and then unclick each button except "Show files that will be created on the right side". Then, all I would have to do is click the "Create Filters from Checked" button, and voila, the next time I do a Synchronize, it should run without throwing up error messages [unless, of course, I installed something since the last Synchronize, in which case I would have to go through the process of refining the filter set, hopefully with ease, because you guys will have made it easy to replace old filters with new ones, perhaps by adding the concept of named filter-sets--but I can live with that]. The "Create Filters from Checked" [or "Create Filter-Set from checked"] would do something akin to the "Exclude via filter" option (in the pop-up menu that appears when you Right-Click one of the Relative Paths in the Compare list), but would do it on each relative path that is checked. Also, make sure these new filters are saved along with the rest of the Configuration information.
2. Include a button that builds a filter set from the errors that occurred. It could get the error information from the log, or a separate entity could be created to keep track of errors. Then add a button to the Log that appears at the end of a sync called "Create Filters from Errors" or some such thing.
Site Admin

Zenju

Why don't you use the "exclude via filter" context menu option on all remaining files (= those that were not synced due to errors) after synchronization? This should give the same effect without needing an excplicit new feature.