WebDav

Discuss new features and functions

aivaro

I have some wrong behaviour of FFS when synching files with WebDav server.
I have android device and am synching files between android device and win7 PC. Used to use Samba Sharing app for android, FFS worked just fine. But that app worked only on android 4.2. It does not work on 4.3 or 4.4. So I found WebDav server solution DavDrive app for android (paid version has ability to mount letter drive). I mount that server on Win7 as letter drive. FFS founds it and works just fine. With some exceptions:
1) FFS always finds some new date files on android device (file on right side is newer) every time i compare, when nothing was changed; and
2) new files on PC that was copied during sync to android device when syncing again are displayed as newer in android device, so they are copied to PC again. After syncing (copying) same files back to PC everything is ok.

PC OS win7
FFS 6.2
Android 4.4
Site Admin

Zenju

> And results: mpt and wd files were displayed as "BOTH SIDES HAVE CHANGED"

Since you've copied the files externally (= not via FFS), FFS sees one file created on the PC and one updated on the android device. That is a "change on both sides".

The underlying issue seems to be a restriction (maybe even a bug) of the DavDrive which does not provide for stable file modification times.

aivaro

OK, i see, thanks.