sync.ffs_lock - please autodelete after X minutes

Discuss new features and functions

olaf_noehring

Hi

just noticed, that when I tried new settings and FreeFileSync crashed the file sync.ffs_lock stays.
You (in this case I) will not be able to run a backup on that directory anymore until the file is gone.
I suggest (=feature request) that after a user defined time (in minutes - which would enable me so set ot to 23 hours for example) the file is being ignored - and - deleted, so that the next backup can run smoothly. FreeFileSync needs to check the time/date stamp of sync.ffs_lock for this (maybe you leave some more information in there which could be used).
Right now i need to search the file and delete it by hand ...

Olaf
Site Admin

Zenju

FFS automatically detects abandoned sync.ffs_lock files. So in your case FFS probably does not crash, but hang. And while it's hanging it is still keeping the sync.ffs_lock file active. So the solution is to make sure that the FFS process that is holding the lock is not running anymore.

olaf_noehring

Hi

well, it does not seem so. The sync.ffs_lock files is still sitting on my NAS - I manually needed to delete it.

Olaf
Site Admin

Zenju

Is the file size changing over time? If so, there is still a FFS process holding it.

olaf_noehring

Hi
sorry for the fuzz. I deleted the file manually and since then the effect did not reoccur.
If it happens again, I will post here again.
Olaf