Feature request: Pause button

Discuss new features and functions

patricknbowman

Apologies if this has been requested somewhere (or if it's already available) but I couldn't find it. When syncing a giant folder nest over the network, freefilesync can chew up a lot of network bandwidth, especially if doing content comparison. In addition to a "cancel" button, a "pause" would be really helpful. I am running a seven-hour FFS task right now and the ability to pause it for a while, as well as to limit its bandwidth use, would be very helpful.

srjones67

There is a pause button in the synchronizing window right next to the stop button and below the graph. Have you run a sync yet?

patricknbowman

There is a pause button in the synchronizing window right next to the stop button and below the graph. Have you run a sync yet?srjones67
Oops. I should have said a pause button *during the compare phase*. This phase takes quite a while as it has to read every single file across the network (if you're doing a content-based comparison), so the ability to pause the comparison might be even more use than a pause during the actual synchronization.