Making FreeFileSync UI even better looking

Discuss new features and functions

travelid

I'd like to sincerely thank you for creating FreeFileSync! It's truly a great time saver.

Since I like your program so much now, I want to help make it even better, so more people will start using it. Here's a few ideas to make it even more appealing to new users.

1) When I first installed FreeFileSync 3 years ago I never started using it back then (until a month ago) because I was overwhelmed by the User Interface the first time I opened the program - it looked too confusing to me. What struck me immediately was the vertical column of numbers from 1 to 10 listed under Relative Path. So if those numbers could be visually removed, it will make the program look more clean and less confusing visually, because some people might think they need to do something to fill in those 1-10 lines before they can use the program

2) The Overview and the Configuration panels could be placed at the bottom of the program's window by default.

3) The "Drag & Drop" text on the left and right side (above the folders to sync) could be replaced by an customizable title area that the user can rename (ex: "Work laptop", "Backup USB key", "Old Folders to update", etc), which will be more meaningful to him

4) There could be a button to hide the list of folder paths for sync, so everything looks neat. This button could be placed right in front of the customizable title area, where the "Drag & Drop" text currently is

Hope this is helpful to make FreeFileSync even more visually attractive, and more intuitively looking!
Site Admin

Zenju