FFS 6.12 - not mirroring time stamp

Discuss new features and functions

un99known99

6.12 as well as 6.11 is NOT mirroring timestamp from left to right. Means, same set of data is copied over all the time, instead once and then only changed data from left to right side again.

BR,
Mike
Site Admin

Zenju

This is unlikely to be a FreeFileSync problem. FreeFileSync thoroughly checks for errors and if no errors are shown, but time stamps are still not copied, then this indicates a bug in the file system implementation of your target device. In some cases, e.g. FTP modification times are not supported by design.

Giangi

6.12 as well as 6.11 is NOT mirroring timestamp from left to right. Means, same set of data is copied over all the time, instead once and then only changed data from left to right side again.

BR,
Mikeun99known99
Which kind of data are you coping?
Personally I had a problem like that until a few days ago but the problem wasn't in FFS. I'm using Seven 32bit.
I'm using Thunderbird portable for my many email account and before doing a big change on my wife's one I have used IMAPsize to take a full backup: this tool creates .eml files.
The target for the backup was into my Dropbox folder and I regularly take offline backups for my clouds account.
Well, all that .eml files were Always copied over and over and over...
I did some manual testing and the file's timestamp was updated to current time a few seconds after the copy!
It wasn't easy to understand why, but removing my local backup folder from the Windows Search database has solved! I guess the WS was looking into the .eml files to index them!!!

So, try to exclude the destination folder from the Windows Search!

dexrock

I'm having the same problem, using Windows 10 build 9879 x64 at two different machines (home and work). Normally, I have problems syncing files like Cygwin binaries (the ones that have been updated recently, not all of them); PortableGit 1.9.5; pgAdmin 1.20. It was not always like this, I suspect the problem stared at version 6.10. Currently, I use 6.13.

webmaster33

Still does not keep timestamps of directories/folders in FreeFileSync v6.13 64bit.
Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

Syncing directories between two drives on the same machine, same HDD, mounted using TrueCrypt.
Both drives have NTFS filesystem.
Site Admin

Zenju

> not syncing file time stamps:

For a list of possible reasons for this problem see this post:
viewtopic.php?t=334

> not syncing folder time stamps:

Currently not supported by FreeFileSync.