Why aren't all pairs in a Confguration displayed by default (if not too many to display) ?

Discuss new features and functions

gdhm

I like to see all my pairs (currently a Maximum of 10) when I select a config file as it is easier to analyse. I appreciate use the mouse cursor to increase the height to show all pairs but why is this necessary?

If I have more than 6 pairs FFS shows 6½ by default and introduces a up/down scroll bar.
I personally would like FFS to expand to the number of pairs that exist in a config (by default)only introducing an up/down scroll bar if vertical height runs out. I appreciate displaying more pairs would be at the expense of the compare/sync file details area below it.

IF it is felt that this would make the "compare/sync file details area" below not tall enough in some case to "meaningfully" show enough rows of files, then possibly FFS, after the COMPARE has been run, could automatically reduce the pairs window height to 4,5 or whatever pairs.

OR if it is felt desirable to have some control of the maximum number of pairs initially visible then maybe FFS could Have a new Global (per User) Option so that the User can set the Maximum number of pairs he/she wants to be visible when their configs are selected.
This option would be the ideal option because FFS currently already intelligently only opens to display the actual number of pairs in each config between 1 and 6 and it only stops expanding if there are more than 6.
Attachments
PicPick Image 001 (20-01-2015).jpg
PicPick Image 001 (20-01-2015).jpg (99.29 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Site Admin

Zenju

Ideally there would be a GUI option to change the number of folder pairs shown at a time in a persistent way. This is still a todo.

Until then you can manually set the number of folder pairs shown by editing GlobalSettings.xml:

<FolderPairsVisible Max="6"/>

gdhm

Thanks Zenju :)