RealTimeSync keeps scanning

Discuss new features and functions

vidarben

I have installed FreeFileSync 7.3, build August 1 2015 – Unicode x64, and everything seems to work properly, except for the fact it continuously scans each and every file in each and every file folder instead of just monitoring and processing changed or added/deleted files.

I have created a batch job containing 5 folders syncing as Mirror in FreeFileSync and have imported and started it in RealtimeSync.

I would have expected that after having completed an initial scan of the files and folders on each drive, the program would have established a baseline, and that RealtimeSync after that would only process changed, added or deleted files.

Instead, FreeFileSync keeps scanning and scanning and scanning the more than 300K files in the folders I want synced, and it takes up a significant portion of the computational resources.

Is this how the app is supposed to work, or have I missed something in the set up?

Your advice will be greatly appreciated.

whatwhat

Im getting the same thing. Is it really supposed to scan every single time I'm using RealTimeSync.

makman

I realize this is a resurrected thread from 2 years ago, but I have the same question.

Thanks

shai

Are you sure you two are having the "same thing"? This post from two years ago speaks of another version of this software. I suggest, that you open a new thread and no ressurect this old one which is obsolete in a sense.

Also, please elaborate on exectly what you've done to get this "same thing" and how one can replicate it on one's end to test the issue.