No Sound being played

Discuss new features and functions

jikann

when using "Autoclose Sync-Status-window" (dropdown-menu-option)

Thanks Apply.
-
th.
Site Admin

Zenju

This is on purpose, so that ffs_batch jobs that run in the background (they usually have "close progress dialog" set) don't grap undue attention.

jikann

This is on purpose, so that ffs_batch jobs that run in the background (they usually have "close progress dialog" set) don't grap undue attention.Zenju
So... , still, why no option... ?

Fixit

Hello,

Will there be an option to bring this feature "back"? I used this option and had FreeFileSync running the background and it was helpful to have this feature. It would be nice to at least allow users to either use this or not.

Please bring back the useful Sound after completion function.

Thanks!

Fixit

Even adding the line <NotificationSound SyncComplete="Sync_Complete.wav"/> under the GlobalSettings.xml file as listed under the Expert Settings. It appears that once FFS runs, it then erases this line that was added.

Please bring back this useful feature and let the uses decide if they want a sound or not. Your manual and the Changelog.txt file from version 7.8.0.0 does not even list this feature being disabled/removed.

Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

The "NotificationSound" XML element is a new feature of the upcoming FFS 7.9 release. Maybe a "Batch_Complete" element should be added, too. (Probably nobody would want a "CompareComplete"?)

Fixit

I was mainly looking for the Notification complete sound when performing regular (non batch) sync's. Having an option for either or both is still a good choice.

Thanks.

Fixit

Hello,

I downloaded your new version 7.9 today and installed it. I added the line <NotificationSound SyncComplete="gong.wav"/> after the LastSyncLogSizeMax line and after the Sync finished I still did not hear anything. I did notice that the Synch progress window is no longer showing a Blank Option under the On completion choices. It used to be choices of: Blank, Close progress dialog, Log Off, Standby and Shut down. Is the blank option what made the program Play the sound effect? I have attached a screenshot of the On Completion choices showing the missing Blank choice.

Thanks.
Attachments
On Completion screenshot
On Completion screenshot
163308-000129.png (3.87 KiB) Viewed 3263 times

Fixit

Update:

Strange Observation: If I backspace over the word Close progress dialog and leave it blank, it will play sound but I had reinstalled v7.3 to test this since it appears I could not get sound to play from v7.4 to v7.9. For whatever reason, I think the On completion box needs to be blank in order to hear a sound?

Thanks.

Fixit

I did an uninstall of FFS, then I installed FFS v7.3. I have attached a screenshot of the On completion box showing where there is a "blank" space. I'm assuming this is what causes FFS to play a sound? Even under the Synchronization Settings, the On completion box shows the "blank" space.

Please let me know if you need any more screenshots.

Thanks.
Attachments
135324-000136.png
135324-000136.png (35.47 KiB) Viewed 3248 times
135020-000135.png
135020-000135.png (26.46 KiB) Viewed 3248 times
Site Admin

Zenju

If you set "On completion" to anything different than "Close progress dialog" you should hear the sound, unless you're running a ffs_batch.
viewtopic.php?t=1792&p=9653#p7196

Fixit

Thanks! I could not get that blank option unless I removed the previous version first. I now have sound. Thanks again for re-adding this useful feature back into your program.

Archimede

Hello,

In past versions I had the "Comparison Complete" notification sound enabled and I found it extremely useful.

Is there a way to enable that via the "GlobalSettings.xml" file of v7.9?

I would really really like to have that notification sound back.

I have tried with:

<NotificationSound ComparisonComplete="CompleteComp.wav"/>

and

<NotificationSound CompareComplete="CompleteComp.wav"/>

but no luck :(

Actually, after running the program the added string gets deleted from the .xml file

Fixit

Archimede,

As a "test" have you backspaced over the Close progress dialog prompt under On Completion before you run the Synch? Basically you need to make sure the On Completion prompt is blank and does not show anything. I did previously and it seemed to work. I had to then uninstall my previous version, install v7.3 then after verifying the sound works, I then installed the latest version v7.9. Sound is working properly now and the box is blank.
163834-000042.png
163834-000042.png (21.14 KiB) Viewed 3172 times

Archimede

Thanks for your message Fixit :)

However my issue is with the "Comparison Complete" notification sound (the "Synchronization Complete" notification sound works fine).

And I confirm that the box is blank ;)

Any solution to enable the "Comparison Complete" notification sound?

Thanks everyone

Archimede

FreeFileSync v8.0 is out, I hope the "Comparison Complete" notification sound is one of the useful features that has been (re)added to this new release.

Thanks again to the developer for maintaining so nicely this wonderful application (donation on the way) :)

Archimede

Pity that also v8.0 does not have the "Comparison Complete" notification sound :(

Archimede

Super! Thanks a lot :)