error reading file: ... globalsettings.xml

Discuss new features and functions

zbajie

Hi,
pop up: error reading file: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\FreeFileSync\GlobalSettings.xml

thanks
Site Admin

Zenju

Hi,
pop up: error reading file: C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Application Data\FreeFileSync\GlobalSettings.xml

thankszbajie
Well......there is an error reading file...

SCNR

Sorry I can't say anything about it without some details. Maybe the error message is correct? What is the problem anyway?

-Zenju

konics

Well......there is an error reading file...

SCNR

Sorry I can't say anything about it without some details. Maybe the error message is correct? What is the problem anyway?

-ZenjuZenju
I have also encountered this error. It appears when you run several batch jobs after each other. When the first job finishes, the program writes the globalsettings.xml and when the next one is starting the file is locked due to writing.
You can avoid the problem by waiting until the first job is complete before the next one is started.
Site Admin

Zenju

I have also encountered this error. It appears when you run several batch jobs after each other. When the first job finishes, the program writes the globalsettings.xml and when the next one is starting the file is locked due to writing.
You can avoid the problem by waiting until the first job is complete before the next one is started.konics
> When the first job finishes, the program writes the globalsettings.xml and when the next one is starting the file is locked

Thanks for the info. I've changed the save algorithm to flush data before the program exits. (I'm using buffered file access right now) Thous this problem should be solved with the next version.
-Zenju