Why was removed the Equal sign?

Discuss new features and functions

nunoleite

Hi, and thanks for developing this great application, and giving it to the world for free.

I only want to ask why did you removed the equal sign from the filter view at the bottom?
I find that interesting... cause sometimes i need to see the files that are equal and don't need sync.

And again thanks for this simple and great tool. Remember the best thinks are simple.

Nuno Leite
www.nunoleite.com
Site Admin

Zenju

Hi, and thanks for developing this great application, and giving it to the world for free.

I only want to ask why did you removed the equal sign from the filter view at the bottom?
I find that interesting... cause sometimes i need to see the files that are equal and don't need sync.

And again thanks for this simple and great tool. Remember the best thinks are simple.

Nuno Leite
www.nunoleite.comnunoleite
I didn't remove it. It's just that now there are two views: 1. Comparison result, 2. Sync-Preview.
In the second view there is no "equal" sign, because conceptually it should contain items for synchronization only. This represents a complete different set of categories: copy_left, copy_right, overwrite_left, overwrite_right, delete_left, delete_right, do_nothing, conflict.
Rows that are considered "==" in 1. would need to be shown as "do_nothing" in 2.
Also it would be possible to manually overwrite sync-direction for equal files: That doesn't make much sense, because they're already in sync, so I chose to not display them.

-Zenju

nunoleite

Ok, i didn't saw that in the comparison result. My mistake. And i understand your explanation.

I would like to give a tip, unless i'm missing something, are you considering in writing a small manual? I think with all that options, like the one i mentioned and others i saw here and sometimes a little bit hidden, it would be great.
I know this is a freeware program and it's already great to have such a program free.
Please ask for help in the community.
I would be glad to help although my english is not perfect.

And thanks for your fast reply. Like this you are really supporting your program.

Nuno Leite
www.nunoleite.com
Site Admin

Zenju

Ok, i didn't saw that in the comparison result. My mistake. And i understand your explanation.

I would like to give a tip, unless i'm missing something, are you considering in writing a small manual? I think with all that options, like the one i mentioned and others i saw here and sometimes a little bit hidden, it would be great.
I know this is a freeware program and it's already great to have such a program free.
Please ask for help in the community.
I would be glad to help although my english is not perfect.

And thanks for your fast reply. Like this you are really supporting your program.

Nuno Leite
www.nunoleite.comnunoleite
> considering in writing a small manual?
Basically I'd hope that overall usability is good enough so that a manual is not needed. So my primary concern is improving the tool in the first place (Also I take your question about the equal sign serious, 'cause it shows, the two views are not yet the perfect design that I seek). If there are special features that are not self-explanatory and are of interest only to a minority of users then I write a small comment in Readme.txt

Of course, a real manual would be nice, but I totally lack the time for this. If you would like to write one, it would be appreciated. Don't worry about your english, I can organize some proof-reading.

-Zenju