Feature Request:

Discuss new features and functions

graphitefingers

FreeFileSync would be extra cool if instead of just ignoring errors, it would eliminate those files from the list (of files to sync), kind of a skip files that can't be accessed -- that way, I could tell it to sync the files in a directory, rather than having to list all of the files/folders in that directory eliminating the ones that cause permission errors -- great for syncing, say the Windows ProgramData or Users directory. Even if it would just remember that I unchecked all the "left over" files (in the Compare list) that didn't sync because of errors -- that would be adequate [i.e. have it save the "unchecked state" in the saved configuration file].

I guess what I'm trying to say is, add a feature to Compare that eliminates from the list, those files that cause errors -- so, along with "ignore", add "eliminate from list" to the error handling options.

jpastor

Errors often occur because of lock files, temp files, and other transients that are there when the compare is done but gone by the time the sync happens. I could see having a report listing what files weren't copied, but I'm guessing that's already in the log file.