Temporary Files

Discuss new features and functions

aigorv

Thanks for the program.
Whether it is possible to make so that temporary files in temporary folders which are created by the program, didn't get to a Recycled ??!
The Recycled is very quickly hammered with your files, and it is impossible to find my necessary file.
(Global settings: Copy to tmp files is disabled.)
It is very uncomfortable (((

And more ...
Files sync.ffs_db well be stored in the folder of the program FreeFileSync.
In synchronized folders to the user they are not needed, and these files are constantly having to remove yourself.

Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

> that temporary files in temporary folders which are created by the program, didn't get to a Recycled

I'm not sure what you mean. There is some problem with temporary files?

> these files are constantly having to remove yourself.

If you have to delete the sync.ffs_db files, then you're using the wrong sync variant. Try "mirror" instead.

aigorv

> that temporary files in temporary folders which are created by the program, didn't get to a Recycled

I'm not sure what you mean. There is some problem with temporary files?

> these files are constantly having to remove yourself.

If you have to delete the sync.ffs_db files, then you're using the wrong sync variant. Try "mirror" instead.Zenju
> There is some problem with temporary files?

Yes, there is some problem.
These temporary files do not need me in the Recycled,
I use the Recycled to remove the files I needed in next time, which is then reduced.
Now they are hard to find - all culled files FreeFileSync.
... Anyway, the Recycled is designed for a different purpose than the storage of files FreeFileSync.

> If you have to delete the sync.ffs_db files, then you're using the wrong sync variant. Try "mirror" instead.

I am using the correct sync variant.
I delete the files after all synchronizations when I need to give the folder to another user.
He does not need this garbage ((

Thanks.
Site Admin

Zenju

> the Recycled is designed for a different purpose than the storage of files FreeFileSync.

Then choose a different "deletion handling".

> I delete the files after all synchronizations when I need to give the folder to another user.

If you delete this file, then a two-way sync will not work correctly. If however you think you get the results you want, then you are better off with a custom sync variant that just copies files both ways and doesn't need a database file.

aigorv

I do not understand very well at English, my native language is Russian.
Sorry if something is not said so.
I'll try again.

With the Recycled like figured out, thank you.
There was not quite clear what files is set to "Delete Files" in the Russian translation of thought to the core files, it turned out - to be temporary.
I thought that the temporary files should be removed without a trace and without settings - this is obvious. I was wrong.

> If you delete this file, then a two-way sync will not work correctly

I understand that!
I do not delete them until a few days looking for synchronization.
But in the final version of a folder, a month when the synchronization is no longer needed, they have to find and remove.

I understand that the files needed.
I want to say that to keep them in my data - it is not good.
They should be stored in the program folder.

Thanks for the program.
Site Admin

Zenju

> not quite clear what files is set to "Delete Files" in the Russian translation

If you feel that the currently translation could be improved, feedback is much appreciated: viewtopic.php?t=1452

> They should be stored in the program folder.

Okay, understood, this is not a bug report, but a feature request.