Feature request: verification of sync.ffs_db files

Discuss new features and functions

Jevi

The problem: folders can be synced by another application (say e.g. Total Commander, or just by windows explorer doing the same at two locations).
When in a subsequent FFS sync attempt files are to be mirrored in the "detect moved files" mode, problems occur.

Case 1:
Even when folder contents left and right are completely equal, FFS starts to delete all files on the left, and than copies all from left to right.

Case 2:
The third party program synced the sync.ffs_db file as well, either to the left or to the right. I have no clue what the consequences would be, but I am somewhat afraid for it.

Solution:
verify sync.ffs_db files with A TRUE COMPARISON of left and right, and modify the state of already copied files in the sync.ffs_db file.

I am thankful for the nice work on "detect moved files", it saved me time and many hundreds of Gb copying, but to be honest, I find a complete recopy when left and right are equal unnecessary.

I apologize when someone already posted on this issue; my search did not return something similar.

Best, Jevi