How about maintaining your own PPA?

Discuss new features and functions

Karia

Hello,

I'm using FFS in Ubuntu 15.10 as well as in Windows 7 and Windows Vista Machines. The software itself is just wonderful on all platforms, and also the installation/upgrade procedure has always been very simple and straightforward in Windows, but unfortunately not that easy in Ubuntu.

The problem is that I can't find a reliable PPA always containing the latest version of FFS. For example the Launchpad PPA still has only version 7.7, while the latest version is already 8.0!

So, what I'm proposing is that maybe the developer could just start maintaining his own PPA at his download site? That way it would be equally easy to always have the latest versions at both Ubuntu and Windows machines :).

Thank you very much in advance!
Site Admin

Zenju

...because the developer has so much free time on his hands? ;)

Karia

Ok, maybe it is a bit much to ask. I've no idea how much work it requires to create and maintain a PPA. I just thought that since you are already making the portable version for Ubuntu every time you publish a new version, you could just add it to your own PPA as well :).

Is it possible to somehow urge the folks at Launchpad to update their PPA more often? I mean, this does seem to be a very popular software, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only user who wants to always have the latest version of it...

Anyway, thanks for the reply :).