Undoing a sync - how to back "new" files out of a folder

Get help for specific problems

ges74

Hi,
I know that questions about undoing a sync have been posed before, but I don't think they addressed this particular aspect...

I am trying to merge and streamline my photos and I just mistakenly sync'd two folders. One (Folder 'A') had 1500 photos, the other (Folder 'B') had the same 1500 photos plus 150 other photos. By syncing, Folder A was updated to include all 1650 of the photos from Folder B. However, I just realized that I had previously purposely culled those 150 files out of Folder A because they were not very good and weren't worth the space.

In a case like this, is there any way for the program to identify the files it manipulated and back them out of Folder A, leaving me with the original 1500? (Or even generating a simple .txt list of the names? Then I can manually go through and delete myself.) If I can do that, then I can resync both folders A and B to contain the original 1500. Otherwise, I now have to spend hours manually inspecting 1650 images to weed out the extra 150.

Hope my explanation made sense. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

GES74

fractals

Hi,
I know that questions about undoing a sync have been posed before, but I don't think they addressed this particular aspect...

I am trying to merge and streamline my photos and I just mistakenly sync'd two folders. One (Folder 'A') had 1500 photos, the other (Folder 'B') had the same 1500 photos plus 150 other photos. By syncing, Folder A was updated to include all 1650 of the photos from Folder B. However, I just realized that I had previously purposely culled those 150 files out of Folder A because they were not very good and weren't worth the space.

In a case like this, is there any way for the program to identify the files it manipulated and back them out of Folder A, leaving me with the original 1500? (Or even generating a simple .txt list of the names? Then I can manually go through and delete myself.) If I can do that, then I can resync both folders A and B to contain the original 1500. Otherwise, I now have to spend hours manually inspecting 1650 images to weed out the extra 150.

Hope my explanation made sense. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

GES74ges74
The FFS log file should contain the names of the files that were synced. On my system I have increased the size of the FFS log file so that I have more history.