FFS as a reliable backup solution

Discuss new features and functions

drivetheory

I'll be honest Zenju, you have a product that has the potential to be more successful than you realize. Remove the adware, quit the install.dat shenanigans, improve the installer (offer a current user or all users option as well as a working silent installer), add more command line options, fix logging (logs labelled ERROR simply because destination directory doesn't exist is a terrible idea, WARNING would be better), etc and you very well may find yourself in a very lucrative position. You're not going to compete with BackupExec (RIP Veritas) on the enterprise/large-scale deployment level but you have almost created a product that can compete on the small/medium-scale deployment level with a little help from some admin scripting on the backend.

FFS almost fills the hole left from Microsoft's removal of ntbackup. One feature that would be a worthwhile option is on the fly compression to a 7z output file (provided the user provides the location 7-zip is already installed). This along with the improvements suggested above is a product I'd purchase a license for and recommend to others.

PS. shadow copy utilization by FFS is what brought me to you in the first place.