Automatically save to two USB-Sticks

Get help for specific problems

diwo

I am having two directories on my Windows-PC. Let's say "C:\DIR1" and "C:\DIR2". I have two USB-Sticks with the volume name BACKUP1 and BACKUP2.
When I insert the stick BACKUP1 "C:\DIR1" should be synchronized with the stick. And when I insert the stick BACKUP2 C:\DIR2 should be synchronized.
Can I handle this with RealTimeSync? I do not see how I can enter different command lines for different sticks.

diwo

OK, I have found a solution or better a workaround.
Both USB sticks have the same volume name "BACKUP" now. I have copied a ffs_batch file with the same name "backup.ffs_batch" onto both sticks. However this are different files. One synchronizes "C:\DIR1" with [BACKUP\DIR1 and the other one synchronizes "C:\DIR2" with [BACKUP]\DIR2.
RealTimeSync watches for [BACKUP]\.
The Command line starts FreeFileSync with the parameter [BACKUP]\backup.ffs_batch.

This works!

Though it is not exactly what I wanted to have, I can live with this. Perhaps a later version can handle this problem in a better way.
Site Admin

Zenju

Nice solution. Another solution to handle multiple command lines is to simply start multiple RealTimeSync instances.