6.10 Warning: Multiple folder pairs write to a common subfolder. Please review your configuration.

Get help for specific problems

wm-sf

Since updating from 6.09 to 6.10 I am getting

Warning: Multiple folder pairs write to a common subfolder. Please review your configuration.

in all my log files. The ffs_batch files are the same before and after.

What gives?
Site Admin

Zenju

That's a warning about your folder pair configuration not being correct - you cannot have different folders write to the same target folder.

wm-sf

That's a warning about your folder pair configuration not being correct - you cannot have different folders write to the same target folder.Zenju
The Warning is wrong, the folder pairs aren't the same, I get the warning when the folder pairs are different physical drives

I repeat, in 6.09 this didn't happen, in 6.10 it does. The batch files didn't change.

You have invented a warning. Why?
Site Admin

Zenju

Please post a screenshot of your folder pair configuration.

wm-sf

I don't think you are asking for what you want. A screenshot makes no sense as I see the warning in a log file.

is this what you really wanted ?

<FolderPairs>
<Pair>
<Left/>
<Right/>
</Pair>
<Pair>
<Left>C:\Documents and Settings\Wm</Left>
<Right>F:\Documents and Settings\Wm</Right>
</Pair>
<Pair>
<Left>C:\E</Left>
<Right>F:\E</Right>
</Pair>
</FolderPairs>
Site Admin

Zenju

Yes and thanks. That's a bug in FFS, working on a fix...

wm-sf

Thank *you*, Zenju for your speedy response.
Site Admin

Zenju

Issue has been fixed, here's the new version for testing:
[404, Invalid URL: http://freefilesync.sourceforge.net/FreeFileSync_6.11_beta_Windows_Setup.exe]

bbawt

Had the same problem, though ignoring the warning was all it took, it still synced up just fine. Downloaded and tried the new beta and the problem is fixed. Thanks!

wm-sf

Issue has been fixed, here's the new version for testing:
[404, Invalid URL: http://freefilesync.sourceforge.net/FreeFileSync_6.11_beta_Windows_Setup.exe]Zenju
Fixed, thanks

loulli

Could you put the 6.11 Beta version online again? I get a File not found (404 error) when clicking on the link above. Thanks.