Seems to Crash/Lock up my iSCSI system

Discuss new features and functions

IronMike

Past FFS versions worked well but my iSCSI system locks up or crashes when I do a large operation with FFS. I rarely complete the sync anymore.
I am looking at FFS because I can run much larger Windows explorer moves or copies without any problems. Teracopy works well, too.

My system is:
An I7 with 32 gig of memory.
A Drobo B800i iSCSI drive with 34 TB Disk Space
Gigabit ethernet tieing it all together
I have tried FFS on Windows 8 Pro (64 bit) and 10 Pro (64 bit) with the same results.
I am using FFS 8.2 now. These problems started 3 or four versions back. I initially blamed the hardware, so I did not keep track of the FFS version. I still blame the hardware but you may have a clue that will help me since FFS is the least reliable program on the system now.

Any thoughts will help

Sincerely,
Michael

volker01

my expierience - from an iSCSI Storage to an Remote-Server:
i use FFS 8.2 to mirror Data from an iSCSI Storage on a Server2008 - over UNC - to an Remote-Backup-Server.
i have no problems.
Volker01

IronMike

Thanks. I rather doubt FFS is the real problem but it sure brings the problem out. I'm really fishing here.

dguy

I'm in a similar situation with IronMike. My Windows iSCSI connection which worked flawlessly a few versions back seems to get halfway (sometimes) then hangs. Very inconsistent network speeds and connection. Sometimes it works, sometimes I have to reboot machines to get a complete sync.

IronMike

I Never got it to work. Tossed the 800I (Ouch)