Skip folder pair

Discuss new features and functions

fhansen

Is it possible to disable a folder pair. I need to disable some folder pairs temporarily and save as script. Otherwise it would be a nice feature.

Br

Frank

Plerry

Probably the simplest way is to (temporarily) add those folders to the exclude filter.

NightOwl

just delete the folder-pairs and save (save AS) the config or the script under a new name, then close FFS or go to another config WITHOUT saving (check if FFS is set to remember you about not saved configs (default setting)); this way your old folder-pairs are kept under their old config name

CaptainStarbuck

I just went through some pain with this, added about 10 base folders to a single config and then realized it was going to take 5 days to do an initial sync. My solution was to open Windows Explorer, ctrl-c to copy the config, then multiple control-v to paste copies. Change the names to something more elegant. Now in FFS use Open to open all of them at the same time. The Config list now has a bunch of clones. Leave the first one with the complete list. The second one gets just the first few pairs, delete all the rest and save. The third one gets the first few removed (because they're now handled by the previous one), then skip down a few to include just these, and delete the rest. Continue until all pairs are saved in separate configs.

That's a big hassle and it would be great if we could do this quickly: Add another text control after Browse and before the filters. Allow a number to be entered: 1,2,3,etc... On the click of a new button the current pairs get split out to new configs with the same name and a -1, -2, -3, etc. Any pair not annotated doesn't get pulled out. Multiple pairs can be put into a single config by simply using the same number - in my case with 10 pairs I might have: 1 1 1 2 3 3 3 3 4 4, resulting in four new configs.

Thanks for any consideration.
Site Admin

Zenju