FFS does not detect similar files in subfolder

Get help for specific problems

frgraphic

Hello,

I have been searching around the forms and wasn't sure if I could find a straight forward answer to my issue:

I have two folders one is a printer hot folder (a folder that automatically prints files that are dropped into it) and a folder that has new files saved into it every 5-10 minutes that need to be printed (we will call this folder A).

The way this hot folder works is once a file is dropped into it, the file is then printed and lastly put into a sub folder named 'SentData'.

I was hoping to create a batch sync that will copy the files from folder A into the hot folder, but soon realized that I could not get FFS to recognize that some files in folder A are already located in the hot folder just under the sub folder named 'SentData'. Due to this the sync continues to copy all files from folder A into the hot folder, which in turns prints all the files and places them into the 'SetData' folder causing it to print duplicate files.

I have tried a couple different things but thought it would be best to reach out to those on the form.

Thanks
-K

therube

If you're doing a Two-Way or Mirror, then see what Detect Moved Files might do for you?
(I've never used it.)

If you're doing an Update, then your request is similar to, FFS recognize new files in diferent directory.

Kind of surprised that FFS does not have an Attribute check, such that after a copy, Attrib -a (archive bit is removed), & then with an Attribute check option set to not copy, if archive bit is not set (in the source directory, 'folder A'), that file is not then (again) added to 'hot folder', so does not end up being printed - again.

frgraphic

If you're doing an Update, then your request is similar to, FFS recognize new files in diferent directory. therube
I think you hit this on the head. This is the feature I need but looks like FFS doesn't support. :/

I do think I have a work around though, I would have to run 2 batches:

First batch moves the files from folder A to the Hot folder
Second batch moves those same files from folder A to another folder and then deletes from folder A
As new files are added into folder A the first and second batch repeat which would prevent any duplicate printing.

I think the tough part is choreographing this using Windows Task Scheduler. Unless FFS has the ability to run 2 batches after each other using Real Time Sync?