One job to multiple Archive Folders

Get help for specific problems

davewall

I am presently Synchronising two (2) separate hard drives to a third by running two jobs as follows.

1. D:\Folder-D syncs to F:\Folder-D with archiving to F:\Archive\Folder-D
2. E:\Folder-E syncs to F:\Folder-E with archiving to F:\Archive\Folder-E

Both of these jobs create a separate record in my Synclog Folder on D:\Synclogs.

Is there anyway I could merge these two jobs together so that I end up with only one Synclog entry but retain the ability to archive the deletions to their separate F:\Archive\Folder-D & F:\Archive\Folder-E.

In other words - can I edit these jobs together in order to change the Archive location inside the job.

Plerry

You can define multiple folder pairs for a single FFS job (*.ffs_gui or *.ffs_batch), e.g. your pair 1) and pair 2).
You can define global Compare, Filter and Sync setting (found in the almost top row),
but additionally you can also define local (to the applicable folder pair) Compare, Filter and/or Sync settings
(the smaller buttons in between the left- and right-part of the folder pair).
In the local Sync settings you can define a different sync method and/or different versioning method or location.

davewall

Brilliant..
This needs to be expanded upon in the Tips & Tricks section - at present it merely says - Remove Local Settings.
The ability to adjust the Comparison, Filter and Synchronization settings per Folder Pair needs to be expounded.

Thank you

markusoft

problem with this is merging, does NOT keep the current filters per folder pair - Major BUG