Suggestions: Copy Attributes and Add to Filters

Discuss new features and functions

NightHawk

My suggestions for FreeFileSync:

I would like during a mirror copy operation with FreeFileSync there be an option available so that all files and subdirectories have their attributes mirrored as well, including the A(Archive) bit. Currently when I do a mirror copy operation with FreeFileSync it sets the archive attribute at the destination for files that are copied even though the archive bit is clear on the file(s) at the source. I'd like an option so that the destination file and directory structure mirror the source exactly after a mirror copy operation, including all attributes as well as it does the timestamps.

I would like to have a general filter option for FreeFileSync to enable for all file and directories, attributes like hidden, system, read-only to be selectable as exclude and include filters, separate from the list of file and directory names. Other similar software (such as ViceVersa Pro) has this feature, so it would great to add to FreeFileSync as well. Saves me from having to manually list all the hidden and system sub-directories and files that I don't want copied for user data file backups.

Such as adding under the filters page, a check box for:
Exclude all hidden files
Exclude all system files
Exclude all read-only files
Exclude all hidden directories
Exclude all system directories
Exclude all read-only directories

Thanks for this great program, with a few added features it would be the greatest of all!