Configuration List: always select <Last session> on start

Get help for specific problems

gdhm

I have just added another 7 items to my Home PC's FFS Configurations List (now 21) and when FFS opens it scrolls the List to show my last item ran (14th). I wish it to show top of list.

My Configuration List is very specifically ordered and the first 14 are executed manually IN ORDER daily. I only run the final 7 on a much less frequent "as needed" basis.

So I can see as many individual records as possible during a compare I only have the daily used first 14 showing. I, of course, use the vertical scroll bar if I wish to access any of the final 7.

When I next open FFS to do another sync FFS has remembered the last item I ran from the list (14th) and automatically scrolls the list showing list items 7 to 21 but I don't want this to happen. I wish the list to open at the top every time FFS is run (showing <last session> and list items 1 to 14).

I looked in the cfg but could not find a way to do what I want. Is there a way I can do this, please?

(I do not want to have a scheduled script as I like to view each compare run (as this gives me a chance to notice if I have done something "really stupid" and abort)

Many Thanks :)

serendipityguy

This is kinda tricky with little options.
What happens if you close the configuration window and try to do a "Tools>Reset Layout . . . Will this help?

Can you try to move the oldest ffs_gui files to another directory?
Like keep your patches and ffs_gui's in one location and the ones that are not often used, move to another drive.

gdhm

Thank you serendipityguy for your suggestions :)

1) Resetting layout would work as whole list would be shown but not all of each config descprition AND as I use full path I would lose a lot of details
Here is MY desired and used layout
FFS (GDHM's layout) opens on 14.jpg
FFS (GDHM's layout) opens on 14.jpg (178.64 KiB) Viewed 2980 times
2) I appreciated I could do this but feel it a "sledgehammer to crack a nut" workaround and not very convenient. I could if I wished after running 14 just click on item 1 in the list before exiting FFS (even though not run, FFS will open on 1). However, I tend to forget to do this. Last time (and reason for my post) on opening FFS I instinctively did what I always have done and clicked first entry showing. Unfortunately it was 7 (not 1).

I suppose Ideally (IF there is no config file adjustment method to do what I want) I'd like an extra FFS Tick option or two.
Configuration List
Open list with Last config used.
Open list with first config listed (top)

I appreciate last config used is intended to be helpful and I am sure IS FOR MANY, but most apps with scrollable Lists do open at the top (not on last used which in my case does not help).

I suppose "one man's meat is another man's poison" so to speak.

Regards
Site Admin

Zenju

FreeFileSync will now remember the configuration list's vertical scroll position:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ta0a03azp23ah61/FreeFileSync_8.6_beta_Windows_Setup.exe

gdhm

FreeFileSync will now remember the configuration list's vertical scroll position: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ta0a03azp23ah61/FreeFileSync_8.6_beta_Windows_Setup.exeZenju
Hi Zenju :) Thanks for the Beta but as far as I can see it is doing what it has always done before (and what I personally would like a config option to override).

I am sorry if I was not clear is my previous posts.
What I always have been getting IF last for example I last used the 15th item in my Config the List. FFS remembers this and when I next open FFS I see this list
PicPick Image 002 (23-09-2016).jpg
PicPick Image 002 (23-09-2016).jpg (276.79 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
As you can see it has ensured the last used item can be seen.

I am happy FFS remembers the last used config in the FIRST first entry of <Last session> BUT personally I do NOT want FFS to scroll my list to show its position in my List.
I want the List Window to open showing the beginning config items in my List (essentially, GO TOP of List) when FFS is launched.

When I run FFS (no matter what config I last used) I ALWAYS WANT TO SEE:
PicPick Image 001 (23-09-2016).jpg
PicPick Image 001 (23-09-2016).jpg (244.99 KiB) Viewed 2914 times
if I want to run the Last Used config, I can do that by clicking on <Last session>

Sorry for the confusion Zenju and hope you are agreeable with this requested change.
Regards, Dave
Site Admin

Zenju

Okay, the new version solves the slightly different problem of FFS changing the vertical scroll position between restarts. In order to make FFS always select the "<last session>" config you can create a Windows shortcut (if you haven't already) and have it point to:
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" -edit %appdata%\FreeFileSync\LastRun.ffs_gui

gdhm

Okay, the new version solves the slightly different problem of FFS changing the vertical scroll position between restarts. In order to make FFS always select the "<last session>" config you can create a Windows shortcut (if you haven't already) and have it point to:
"C:\Program Files\FreeFileSync\FreeFileSync.exe" -edit %appdata%\FreeFileSync\LastRun.ffs_gui
Zenju
Thanks ever so much Zenju :)
NO I had not figured it out myself and, without your help, would not have realized this solution.

Wonderful :) :) :)

Regards, Dave